* Jim Oblon was born into a musical family in New England.
* Starting playing professionally at 12.
* Played guitar, bass and drums on Paul Simon's 2011 album "So Beautiful Or So What". Produced by Phil Ramone.
* Worked for Phil Ramone as a studio musician (outside of Paul Simon)
* Oblon released his first solo guitar record in 2014 with Jim Keltner on drums, and Larry Goldings on organ entitled "Sunset' on Compass Records.
* Member of Paul Simon's touring band as a multi-instramentalist since 2011.
* Honored to be on Andrea Zonn's recording "Rise" along with Steve Gadd, Willie Weeks, Vince Gill and a host of others.
* Albums available on Bandcamp. Black Cat and the most recent Skinwalker. Link in navigation.
* Played percussion, prepared piano and programed electronic sounds on Paul Simon's 2016 release "Stranger To Stranger".
* Recently recorded electric and acoustic guitars on Rodney Crowell's current release "Close Ties".
* Played guitar on the single for Paul Simon’s new release “In the Blue Light” on the song “One Man's Ceiling Is Another Man's Floor”
* After eight years of touring with Paul Simon, the “Farewell Tour” wrapped up in September 2018.
* January 2019 released “Kiss The Shaman” album. Written and performed by Jim Oblon. (all instruments)
* Soon to release a solo resonator guitar record